Monday, February 18, 2013

This is your life on Visalus

This past September, I was watching what I ate (sort of) and going to the gym (occasionally and half-heartedly). I was frustrated because my weight wasn't changing. I weighed about 247 pounds at the time. Friends and co-workers kept telling me "you're not that big, you don't need to lose that much." But how could I believe that when the scale reads 247, and I was unhappy with my body?  I am tall, and I have a wide frame, but I could still stand to lose weight. My goal was just 220 at the time.

A friend of mine was using some sort of shake to lose weight, but I was skeptical. I like to EAT! I could never be satisfied drinking my meals.  I've done Slim Fast before. For a day. And pigged out for dinner. I couldn't do it.

But... I was desperate. I needed to do something if I was going to be happy. So I ordered the shakes. Visalus shakes. (Pronounced Vy-sal-us, not viss-a-liss, like I like to say). And I studied all the literature that I was given with them. I planned my meals (which I already did, but now they were a little different). And I started drinking the shakes, on a Sunday morning. And they were good.  That first day I did not eat nearly enough, but I think I recognized it, and figured there would be a learning curve, and there was.  

During my first challenge, I went through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.  It was rough.  The entire month of December I half-assed it. And at the end of it all, I had lost 12 pounds.  Not bad for me.

I started my second challenge in January. And restarted it again in February. And finally. FINALLY. Something has clicked in my brain, and I am ready to change my life!! I am exercising regularly! I am taking Body Pump classes and I even went to an exercise class last night hosted by a local Visalus champion (and regular person!) Suzanne.  I thought that Body Pump hurt all my muscles, but Suzanne found some that Body Pump apparently misses, and I am sore this morning, and I love it! I'm planning out my meals for the week to not only be nutritious, but also simple. I love to cook, but I am letting myself finally know that meals don't have to be complicated every single night! I am prepping a week's worth of snacks on the weekends so I can simply grab and go. And I am succeeding!

I am not trying to sell you a product.  I am trying to sell you on a new way of life. A way that is working for me. I've done Weight Watchers, and Curves, and South Beach, and Sonoma, and the Dr Oz YOU! diet, and a lot of things in First and Women's Day magazines. A lot of gimmicks. If you are ready to change your life, contact me, or visit my site: http://christincota86.bodybyvi.com/challenge. You won't be sorry.

No comments: