Monday, February 11, 2013

Counting Calories

I  have tried to log every single thing I have eaten today.  I did stay under my calorie limit, which I set at 1,800 a day for me.  According to myfitnesspal.com, if I eat 1800 calories a day, plus burn approx 900 calories a week, I can lose 1.9 pounds a week. That works for me.  I was going to try 1500 a day, and I just felt too restricted. 1800 is more comfortable for me right now.

So here is what I did eat today

As an expert dieter, I know that foods like almonds and avocados are high in calories but full of good-for-you fats, but they seemed to eat away too much of my calorie budget. I think tomorrow I will try to eat perhaps only half of the almonds, and there is no avocado in tomorrow's plan.

I took Body Pump on Saturday morning with my husband.  This is the second time we've done it, and I remembered that I LOVE it! I hope to make it back to that class more often, I can really feel it, in a good way.

 I ran into a Visalus friend in the locker room after class, and she snapped this pic of me:

and I don't like to be vain, but I LOVE this pic.  I look skinny here! This is the first pic of myself that I have looked at and said "Wow, I like this one!"  I feel motivated to keep moving forward! I love this feeling and I hope it stays this way!

No comments: