Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Aerosmith said... Back in the saddle again

Today has been a good day.  So was yesterday.  Monday was bad.  We got stuck home all day Monday with Frankenstorm, and all we did all day (it seems) was eat!  I made homemade chicken soup (good) and pigs in blankets (bad). Yesterday I ended up going to work for 4 hours, and so I didn't take a lunch break, just drank my shake while treating patients.  Today was ON POINT!  Started my day with a warm coffee shake, which I found that I wasn't very fond of, but anyway... had my protein snacks, a small portion of the leftover soup with my lunch shake, had a GREAT workout tonight, and homemade Asian chicken salad for dinner.  It was a good day, as Dr Dre says.

I decided to mix up my workout tonight.  Usually on a weeknight, I will do 30-45 minutes on the elliptical and call it good enough.  Tonight, we went into a small workout room that they have, and I did mountain-climbers, high knees, a few burpees, sit-ups on the ball, squats and tossing a 12-pound medicine ball, jumping jacks, pretend jump-rope... and probably more that I can't remember right now.  ooh, and 2 wall sits! 36 seconds and 46 seconds, respectively!  Finished up with just 15 minutes on the elliptical, and it was torturous!  My thighs, just above my knees, are so SORE, and I probably won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow, but it feels so good to be back in my game.

That is all. :-)

No comments: