Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Settlement Day

Dun dun duh! Doesn't settlement day sound bad, like judgement day or something??  Today is the day we go sign our lives away and buy a house. Finally!  It feels like it's been such a long journey, and like we looked at hundreds of houses (okay, dozens, for real), but we've made it.  I'll post pics soon.  Because I have to take pics first.

But anyway, guess what I did this morning??
Girl look at the body! Ah! I worked out!

30 minutes on the treadmill, all walking, but I varied my speed and incline... basically I get bored on the treadmill.  Then I did 80 squats while holding the 10# dumbbell, 2 sets of 5 pull ups with 140# resist (which is an improvement from the 150# I started with, anyway) and 10 leg-lift ab-worky thingys.

The fair is sadly over, and I ate too much fair food over the course of the three visits I made.  Scrapple sandwich, beef kabob, gyro, Jenna's french fries (twice) and 2 deep-fried candy bars.  But that's all over for the year.

Just in time for the carnival.  A month-long festival of (strangely enough) the BEST hamburgers, soft-shell crab sandwichs, oyster fritters (not my thing but I have to mention them), cotton candy, funnel cakes, clam strips, candy apples, corn dogs, french fries and ice cream... and new this year, walking tacos, whatever the heck that is.  I ate about half of what I listed above last night.  Okay, not quite, but it felt awful afterward. I did manage to convince myself that I don't have to eat everything all in one night, it'll be there next time too.  Not that I need any of it.  But I make myself choose what bad things I can eat per visit, rather than gorging on everything I can at once.

So the gym this morning probably didn't even begin to compare to the calories consumed last night.

I did win a pillow for my hubby.  I'm not a fan.
I'm a dork.  No denial there.

No comments: