Monday, August 27, 2012

Pepper Jack Breakfast Sandwiches

Yesterday at Wal-Mart, my husband's keen eye spotted new Special K breakfast sandwiches in the freezer aisle, and they are made with sandwich thins, and various fillings. I grabbed the box of ham, pepper jack and egg sandwichs, and then noticed it was about $5 for 4 sandwiches. I put them back, head hung low. My husband suggested I recreate them. Duh! 

This morning I googled for all I was worth to find nutrition info and a picture of them, and I can't find any info on them. It's like they were a figment of my imagination. But they sure made a great inspiration for my breakfast! 

Pepper Jack Breakfast Sandwich Thins 

 

One package of sandwich thins (8 total) 
8 slices of Oscar Mayer Baked Cooked Ham 
8 slices Pepper Jack cheese 
8 eggs 

Directions 

Lightly spray a non-stick pan with non-stick cooking spray. Gently fry your eggs, breaking the yolks, and cooking them until done. Assemble sandwiches, let cool, wrap in paper towels and package in a large bag or container. Microwave for 45 seconds to reheat throughout the week. 

Serving Size: Makes 8 servings

No comments: