Friday, July 6, 2012

I will master the pull-up

I have a new goal in mind.  To master a pull-up.  At my gym, there is an assisted pull-up machine, and I currently have to use 160 (!!!) pounds to assist me in pulling up. My goal is to work on this machine and decrease that weight little by little.  It's a great upper body workout, so I know it can't hurt.

I have to get back to eating better too.  We had (big) salads for dinner tonight, anti-pasto salads, so not perfectly healthy, but a start in the right direction.

My friend Laura inspired me to get back to blogging, but I'm definitely not as creative as she is.  But writing (or typing) my journey, will help me know where I've been, where I am, and where I am going.  I deleted the previous entries on this blog-- I actually opened it in 2007, wow.  I was at 233 on the last one I had written. I will weigh in on Sunday for an official number, but I'm hovering in the upper 240's now.  My goal is only 220 for now, and to be healthier and stronger.  The last time around, I was doing Weight Watchers, and I lost a total of 30 pounds or so, but I never got in shape.  This time I am more interested in creating a lasting lifestyle.

1 comment:

Mamados said...

I wanted to use that machine so bad but I was thinking I would embarrass myself every time. Then I quit my gym. :( you work on your pull up and I'll work on my pushup and we'll have the arms of badass queen hotties in no time